Thursday, July 11, 2013

Drowning





Somebody challenged me to be uplifting
I told them to motivate me
They commented that living and breathing should be motivation enough
What if each breath was a struggle and each beat of your heart stung? 
Would that give you motivation to carry on living? 
We all live because we must … we had no choice in it
We live until we die that’s my motivation
 I close my eyes and rest my head on my pillow my body lies there tense, unsure of how to find peace
I frown as I wait for it to familiarize itself with the notion of relaxation
I try to overlook imperfection and insecurities …
So you see being uplifting is hard
I only smile to put others at ease
Hurting and negativity are familiar
So how can I lift you up when I’m too busy drowning?

No comments:

Post a Comment