Friday, July 19, 2013

My Lee



Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters from Twilight!!

It was weird how the heart reacts when you wish it wouldn’t. I watched as Leah drove up to her mother’s driveway. She had bought herself a little red convertible; she’d always said she’d wanted one. I sat beside Emily as she held our two year old daughter Samantha. Sue and Emily were both cooeing over the little innocent and simple things little Sammie did. I heard them as a muffle in the background as I watched my first love, my ex walk up the sidewalk and knock on the door. Something in me responded promptly and made me hop up to answer the door.

“Hey,” I blurted out and gave her an uneasy smile.

“Sam,” she walked past me carrying the same smell, that sweet fresh perfume. It was weird my heart belonged to another body everything about Leah called to me. The call had been reawakened now that she’d come back home from her honeymoon. I hated this Nahuel creature had come into her life and took away from us … away from me.

“Mom, I need to talk to you,” Leah blurted out quickly and she seemed uneasy about something. She almost seemed heart by it.

“What is it dear?” Sue asked as she reached for Sammie and a frown went over Leah’s face. Her mom hadn’t even looked her way and she seemed to be really hurting.

“What’s wrong Leah? Did Nahuel did hurt you?” She shot me a look and snorted.

“No, Nahuel and me are fine … I just … It looks like you are all busy.” She walked outside to the tire swing. The same swing I’d pushed her on so many times. Sue and Emily were preoccupied. I watched her from a far as she sat there deep in thought. I inched my way into her space.

“May I?” I stood behind her and I pushed her gently. I was transported back in time. Back to when she was my Lee. She smiled a little as we shared the silent moment as the sunset in Forks. After a while she used her feet to stop me from pushing her anymore. She turned to me with tears in her eyes.

“Sam, I’m pregnant. The Cullens are worried … they are worried that the baby is going to kill me. Nahuel wants me to get rid of it, but I … I can’t kill my baby.” She sobbed and I put my arms around her as she sobbed harder.

“I don’t know what to do. Nahuel says he doesn’t want to lose me. I just can’t see living with myself if I don’t try to keep him.” I didn’t want to tell her that I agreed with the stupid half leech. Her life should be her main priority, but I knew my words would fall on deaf ears.

“I think you’ve already made your mind up. Just don’t blame the guy for being worried anyone that loves you would be fearful and concerned.” She nodded as she wiped her tears. She hopped out of the swing and headed back to her car. “You’re right. I should head back I left him kind of abruptly … thanks for the pep talk Sam. Tell my mom I’ll call her later.” I nodded and waved as she took off again. I watched as her hair blew in the wind and she disappeared. It seemed like the more time went by the more I live went in separate directions but when I closed my eyes I still saw her … my Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment