Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Only Man I'll Ever Love



I’ve never pretended to be strong
I never pretended to be smart or beautiful
I just wanted to feel the high of pressing against you
You the man I chose
And will choose time and time again

You the man I care for and want to speak to daily
You the man that I cry for and yearn for
You the man who causes my heart to be heavy

I thought I could disconnect and not feel
But when you touch me I melt
Involuntarily
I fall as you Fall Back
Leaving me to deal  . . . making me stronger
But hurting me at the same time
But . . .


You . . . the man I want more than anything
You the man I crave
You the man I ache and throb for

Will never know my real pain because I will never share my secret obsession
I will never let you in that deep
I will never look into your eyes as you thrust inside of me
Then you’ll know my secret . . .
You’d have to be blind not to see it . . .

You could be blind and not want to see
I know I don’t want to feel
That strongly

I just want to be in your arms
Comforted by your warmth
I’ll clench my pillow tonight and pretend it’s you
I’ll let my head wrap around all of our memories and pretend it’s a great romance
I’ll save my sobs for tomorrow . . . and pray that tomorrow never comes

All I wanted was to be in your arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment