Saturday, August 3, 2013

Love Isn't Enough



Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters from Twilight!!

“I’ll come back I promise,” she said as she worked on packing her last suitcase. I sat on her bed and watched as she walked from her closet to her bed with a purpose.

“For reason I don’t believe you Leah. Are things that bad here that you have to leave?” I asked and she paused for a second and stood in front of me with her hands on her hips.

“Jake, they were bad … that’s why I applied to college to get away and to better myself. At the time it made sense for me to go away.” She ran her fingers down the side of my face and cupped my cheek.

“You promised that we’d save each other.” I was pretty much accusing her of lying. This summer had been great. We’d connected in a way that I’d never thought possible. I’d known Leah for years and it wasn’t until now that I’d realized that we have so much in common. I would never forget of midnight strolls on the beach or my attempts of teaching her to play basketball. Leah was soft and a really deep thinker, not only that she was amazing in bed. She was everything that I’d ever seen myself wanting in a woman.

“Jacob, you’ve imprinted on Ness. I know you don’t feel like you love her now, but you will grow to love her and I’ll become a distant memory. I don’t know if … don’t see why I have to leave?” She stared at me with sadness in her eyes and it wasn’t until then that it dawned on me. This thing between us that was fueled by lust and salvation had morphed into love. That’s why I couldn’t let her go and that’s why she wanted to leave. She knew that in the end my heart would belong to another and she didn’t want her heart to get broken.

“Leah, I love you and right now you’re everything to me.” I got up and went to wrap my arms around her and she took a step back.

“That’s a lie Jacob. I’m actually shocked you’re standing here with me now. You’d already started to prefer the child’s company to mine and it’s okay, it’s not your fault really. Fate has just dealt me a shitty hand.” A tear dropped down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away.

“I do love you Leah,” I repeated and she scoffed. More of her tears fell and she swallowed hard.

“I love you too, but it’s not enough in this case. Love just isn’t enough.” She approached me quickly and placed her lips on mine, crushing against me. I gripped her tightly in a bear hug and tried to match her fervor. She twisted her fingers into my hair and cried as we continued to kiss. This was our goodbye, she said she’d be back but I knew better. She pulled away with me with a few quiet dry heaves and went back to packing.

“I have to go Jacob, but I’ll be back I promise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment