Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not A Little Girl Anymore





Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters from Twilight!!

(A side note from Awakening the Elements before Ness’ 10th B-Day)

“I don’t need a babysitter anymore Embry, get out!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. Embry just sat on our couch and stared at me like I was losing my mind. “I’m serious! Mase isn’t here so you don’t have to be either!” I snapped. Normally, I loved for Embry to be in my space and around me, but he was being stupid. He said he viewed me as a kid sister and I wasn’t having it. I was so tired of this façade.

“Ness, you’re only eight years old,” he scoffed and went back to watching television,” I went to the door and opened it for him.

“Apparently you’re like eighty, I told you to get out!” I fumed and stomped my foot. In hindsight I realized my mannerisms were much like that of a tantrum.

“Edward, said he much rather I be here looking after you while he and Leah were gone. I thought you’d be happy, Rose has Mase and the two of us get to hang out for a week. I was excited about it until you started to freak out.” I closed the door in defeat he wasn’t going anywhere. I was tired of screaming and I needed a drink. As I walked past Em, I noticed that he looked me up and down like he always did. I was thankful I wore my black shortie shorts today, I’d paired it with a pink tank and I looked pretty good. I opened my Pepsi and sat in the chair to the side of him and watched him passively. He took his hair tie of his wrist and pulled his hair into a ponytail. God, I was so thankful he’d let his hair grow back. I slurped on my beverage and he smirked a little at me. He got up and approached me.

“I know how to make you stop pouting,” he threatened.

“Don’t Em, that stopped being funny when I was six!” I warned and put my foot up in an attempt to block him from what he was about to do.

“It stopped being funny to you, but to me it never gets old.” He moved my foot to the side and proceeded to tickle the hell out of me. I arched my back and started to squirm relentlessly. I hated that I was ticklish, it seemed like a weakness of sorts. I was breathless from laughter and couldn’t take anymore.

“Embry … please, you’re killing me,” I said between fits of laughter and he eventually stopped his merciless attack.

“I wouldn’t want to kill you,” he murmured softly as he placed a strand of my hair behind my ear. The look in his eyes said it all. I mirrored the feeling in my heart and what we’d grown into. Embry created this weird delicious twinge in the pit of my belly that I grown to acknowledge as love, desire, and want. It was nerve racking yet intriguing at the same time.

“Embry,” I breathed his name as I moved closer to him. I lips were now a breath away from his.

“I … I … should feed you.” He said as he dashed away from quickly. “Did you want me to cook or we could order something.” I shrugged off his question. I knew what I wanted I would never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment