Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sea of Loneliness



Sea of Loneliness 


Green eyes made for a heavy heart
My stomach clenched
My face heated from anger
 Why does he do this to me?
  He gets under my skin.
He acts like what he’s doing is innocent
I walk by them clenched teeth, and tightened jaw.
Neither of them notices
They both don’t care
Him and her
Even when I saw him first
I loved him first
Yet she maybe better
Or better yet her love is newer
However nowhere near as sweet and genuine
I question: How can he love a love that isn’t mine?
Lust has circled us for all this time
Now that he could grab what’s rightful his
Put us both out of our misery with a wash of satisfaction and release
He acts as if my love is secondary
This new suitor has big blue eyes
He must’ve gotten lost in them
And forgotten
So as I walk by swiftly with a broken heart
I try not to stare … because
Nothing was really there in the first place
Just two young kids
Hormones raging
Scared to make a move
Scared to get hurt
I was so slow to move
That he side stepped and I missed being able to pull him into my arms
I’ve fallen into a sea of loneliness

No comments:

Post a Comment