Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Little Ebony



This is for my daughter

As I watch her run in the grass

I smile as her warm brown eyes dance as she spins around playing in the sunshine

My little girl

In her sundress colored lavender with ruffles all around

My sweet baby with her infectious giggle that everyone adores

Ebony which beautifully depicts what she is and who she will embody

Ebony

Black and beautiful

Mommy’s beautiful little angel

Watching over me turning what should’ve been memories into mere dreams …



Ebony

I would’ve named her Ebony

Five months from now and her daddy would’ve loved her

Ebony

He would’ve kissed each of your tiny fingers and toes

He would tattooed your name across his heart

He would’ve taken on the world for you

For Us



Ebony Chante

Perfect

Mommy would’ve called you her little miracle that forced her way into the world

Conceived into a fickle unwilling womb

Made in love

Ebony

I know you were there

I felt you move

But I didn’t tell anyone

Not even your daddy

Who I swear to God would have loved you

Ebony

Mommy’s tummy got hard and she still denied you out of fear

I remember how it felt when you left me

Empty and alone

Mommy took a test when she knew you had gone

Oh Ebony I miss you so …

Now more than ever

Because daddy’s gone and I fear he’ll never

He’ll never get the chance to talk to you like did

He’ll never get the chance to love you

He’ll never her me say

Ebony Chante

Perfect in every way

Her smile

Her laugh

And the silly things she say

I will love you everyday

Ebony Chante




No comments:

Post a Comment