Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Slit Wrists




Stare in the mirror as blood drips

I have nothing to hold onto

I bet slit wrists feel better than a fake smile

Teeth grinding as cheeks rise upward

No smiling but there are tears of happiness

As the blood flows

Life ends

I have nothing to hold onto

Nothing is mine

I borrow everything

Nothing is mine

Smiles have been borrowed from someone else

So have kisses

But I now I have slit wrists

Those are mine

I created them

Blade pressed down deep enough to break the vein

Pressed down deep just like the hurt

Etched in my heart

Dammit thinking hurts too much

Trusting causing wounds that won’t form scars

It never heals

Caused by reliving your unspoken lies

You laid me down a thousand times

Not this time

Not this time

This time they all will see the blood trail as it leads to my sheets

As I lay on my back for the last time

Inhale

Exhale

Wallowing in the pain

Slit wrists

That’s not it

Breaking a heart is like pulling a trigger

So I’ve been dead for about a month

Pretending to live



www.Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment