Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Zombie

The alley is cold at this time of night
Crouched close to the cool cement doesn’t touch my behind
Odd noises keep me alert and guessing
How long will I be able to hide? 
I have nothing
Yet they still chase
I have nothing
Yet they still stalk me
Wanting something
I know not what it is
Something that I would gladly give
If I had it to offer
Confessing such would surely end in my slaughter
I shiver and wonder how long it would take
For them to end me
For them to
Take, take, take
All of me
Making me one of them
My heartbeat crashes repeatedly against my chest cavity
How long before I become mindless and unfeeling? 
Maybe not feeling would be better than the fear within me now?
I cough … the sound echoes through the place that offers me shelter
The footsteps are closing in on me
Their moans are getting louder …
I’m back against the wall
I’m overwhelmed by their presence I know there’s no escape
I clench my eyes shut and except my fate
I am a zombie …

No comments:

Post a Comment